Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Welcome and a Cool Story

Hi there.  Welcome to my new home.  I'm pretty excited to be here.  Please stop by frequently.
:)

I'm thrilled that my first real post includes a pretty cool story.
Today, Blake took Griffin with him to Pei Wei to pick up some food.  I'm pretty sure Griffin wasn't wearing any shoes, but that's a whole other story.
Anyway, a nice Korean man who is about Blake's age was helping Blake at Pei Wei.
The man looked at Griffin, looked at Blake and then said,
"Korean?"
Blake said,
"Yes."
The man said,
"Annyeonghaseyo."
(hello in Korean)
And bowed.
AND GRIFFIN BOWED BACK!

Griffin hasn't bowed since he was in Korea almost 8 months ago!  This absolutely amazes me and makes my heart so happy.  Blake said Griffin didn't take his eyes off the man the entire time they were in the restaurant.  I wonder what his little mind was thinking...

Blake said the man was incredibly nice and asked if we adopted Griffin through Dillon.  Blake told him our agency is Holt, and the man said he was adopted from South Korea when he was five years old.  He said that his adoptive parents wanted a baby girl but the agency sent them a picture of him and he guesses he was just too good looking.  :)

Is it weird that I want this guy to come live with us?  Or maybe just visit a lot?  The man apparently speaks quite a bit of Korean, and I want Griffin to have his language in his life.  The best I can do is Korean dramas.

I think we're going to start making an effort to actually eat out (can be stressful with two kids!) at Pei Wei more often.  I want to get to know this guy.  Ask if he's been back to Korea.  See if he can teach me a few more Korean words.  I'm sure he'll think I'm crazy, and maybe I am. But I'd do just about anything for my kiddos.

I love this story!  Can't wait to tell Griffin when he's older!


3 comments:

  1. How neat!! I love this story! Wish so much we could come across Korean people like this. I'll always keep looking though. Wish you all lived closer. We could find them together! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! It is amazing how GOD puts people in your life at the right time and place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this story too!!! wow, i can't believe that he bowed back - what a smart little one:))))

    changed your blog on my blog so i'm follwing now!

    ReplyDelete