Thursday, May 3, 2012

Double Whammy

Today was a double whammy kind of day.  Griffin's Gotcha Day (I don't really like that term but I haven't figured out a better substitute) and my 30th birthday!  Busy, fun, exhausting.

Divide and conquer was our motto this morning, so I took Kinley to school and Blake took Griffin to his parents to return their mower he had borrowed.  I roamed around Target BY MYSELF (shocking, I know) after I dropped Kinley off and then headed home to get ready for our busy day.  It was so strange nice to be alone in our house.  I kind of liked it.

When the guys got back I was ready, so we headed to Pei Wei's for lunch.  Griffin loves rice.  Ok, Griffin loves everything but I feel like a good adoptive mom when I take my son for some yummy Asian food.  I know that's silly but I'm doing my best.  Anyway, Griffin really was excited for some bap (rice) and that's all he could talk about on the way to lunch.  "Bap!  Eat!  Momma eat?  Tractor!  Momma momma momma momma momma!  Daddy?  Bap?  Bap!  Bap!  School bus!!!"  You get the idea.

Enjoying some rice.


Getting serious about it.


And we've moved on to a cookie!


I had to take this picture because this is what you're in for if you sit by Griffin at a restaurant.  He always has to be touching you.  Drives me bananas but it's kinda cute.

After lunch we headed to my cousin's state baseball game.  It was actually right across the street from Kinley's school so we watched for a bit then I ran over and picked her up.  The kids had so. much. fun. at the ballgame.  They were both sweaty, dirty, and tired when it was time to go.

Dirty boy.


I'm not sure why I love this photo so much, but I do.

My birthday was fabulous and I think Griffin had a fun first Gotcha Day anniversary.  Overall, it was a pretty blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome day!! Love the pictures and I know what you mean about the touchy thing! Aiden will just wallo all over me sometimes! Can kind of drive a mama crazy sometimes, but they're so darn cute, it passes very quickly! Love the cookie picture, serious cookie eater! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture too! All boy with his dad and his hat! Glad you all had a great day! Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His hair is adorable as its growing out. Sounds like you had a great day. Forever family day is the other term I've heard instead of gotcha day. Sounds more formal to me.

    ReplyDelete