Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Crazy

Life is crazy.  Let's just start with that.  I won't go into everything but my stress level is near an all time high and something's gotta give.

I haven't blogged in two weeks so here are a few things that I jotted down typed in my phone.

We were talking about Brother Silas (that's what the kids call him), chatting about what he might be doing at that moment, and then Griffin asks, "Who is Brother Silas's mama?"  Wow.

Griffin had a week long stomach bug and Kinley had a 10 day virus that led to pneumonia.  They then so conveniently switched illnesses and Kinley ended up losing several pounds with the stomach bug.  And Griffin's virus gave him a double ear infection and an upper respiratory infection.  Good times.  Er, I mean, bless their hearts! ;)

I've been watching Pioneer Woman recently and the kids like to watch with me.  Kinley especially.  As you may or may not know, Pioneer Woman lives on a cattle ranch and in the episode we were watching they were working cattle, herding cattle, doing all kinds of cattle stuff.  This was the conversation while watching.......
Kinley:  I want to ride horses when I get bigger!
Me:  I want to be a cowgirl.
Griffin:  I want to be a white boy!
WHAT???  Oh my goodness!  I laughed so hard!

Speaking of Pioneer Woman.  She made me cook this.  MADE ME, I'll tell you.
Best. breakfast. EVER.

On day ohhhhhhh approximately 21 of the kids' sicknesses I asked the kids if we were going to survive the day and without skipping a beat Griffin says matter of factly, "No."

Long story short, we were supposed to briefly host two Chinese students.  We went to pick them up at the airport today and they ended up not needing to stay with us.  The kids and I had fun at the airport though so whatever.  It was fine.  But tonight when I was tucking Griffin into bed, I asked if he had fun at the airport and what he thought of the Chinese girls we talked to and he says, "They looked like Omma."  Omma is Griffin's foster mom!  He has never used that word without me first pointing to her picture and asking who she is.  He was young enough that he wasn't talking when he came home and he never talks about Omma.  Anyway, it blew me away!  Love that boy.  And we also love Omma.

No comments:

Post a Comment