Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mom Fail Continued...

After we left the doctor's office on Thursday, we had to make a decision about Kinley's last (we thought it would be her last) t-ball game.  She wasn't really running a fever and we didn't have the results back from the chest x-ray, but we honestly thought she did not have pneumonia.  The PA had listened to her lungs, said they sounded clear, and really felt it was viral.  She was fever free at that point so we decided to let her play her last game.  And my mom and dad were coming to watch the game and they wanted to take the kids home with them afterwards.  I was sick of Kinley being sick and was ready to get back to our regular routine of going and doing, so we also decided to let them go home with Grandma and Papa.


Griffy wearing Papa's hat.


This girl had a great first season of t-ball.


I'm so proud of how much she improved.


Griffin took this picture of Papa.


After the game with Papa and Grandma.


The kids left with my parents that night (Thursday) and we were going to go pick them up on Saturday.  The kids love my parents and love being at their house so they were way excited.  I was a little nervous to send Kinley, but I knew she was in great hands.  And she had her antibiotics so she was good, right?!  Sure!

The PA called me the next day and said Kinley had a spot on her right lung that indicated pneumonia.

Whoops.

Needless to say, I felt terrible.  For a variety of reasons.

I checked on her by texting mom way more than usual and my mom always said she was fine.

I still felt terrible.

Mom fail.

Anyway, Blake and I enjoyed our day and a half without kids.  We went to a movie, dinner, and to our favorite sporting goods store and bought some workout clothes (one of our favorite things to do).

When we picked up Kinley and Griffin on Saturday, Kinley was fine.  Kids are tough, right?

Sure! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment