Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

Even though I took a little vacation from blogging I still kept up with some of the funny things and important days that happened with the kids.  Here we go...

Me pointing to Blake:  Who's that, Griffin?
Griffin:  Daddy!
Me pointing to Kinley:  Who's that, Griffin?
Griffin:  Tse Tse!
Me pointing to myself:  Who am I, Griffin?
Griffin:  Momma!
Me pointing to Griffin:  What's your name?
Griffin:  ME!!!

Griffin told me that he loved me, unprompted, on June 3, 2012.  And he's told me multiple times every day since.  Sweetest sound I've ever heard.  We've come so far.

Anybody ever play the kids game Sequence?  It's for kids three years and up and we have played it with Kinley a few time when we've let her stay up after Griffin has gone to bed.  She loves it and can actually focus and finish the game.  A game (the way we play it) lasts 30-45 minutes.  Pretty impressive for Kinley considering the kiddo has a real problem focusing. :) Anyway, we decided to let Griffin play with us.  After watching Kinley take her first turn he understood and knew exactly what to do and sat and played a 45 minute game.  He knew to choose a card, place his chip on the correct animal, then draw a new card and place it in front of him.  FOR 45 MINUTES!!!  He's 2!  I was impressed.  But he shows me every day what a smart kid he is.

Lord have mercy, Kinley is obsessed with her best friend, Gavin.  He came over to play one day and for two weeks after all I heard was
I want my Gavin.
I want to see him!

Griffin calls all dinosaurs "saurous".

I can't remember who sneezed but it was adorable when Griffin said, "Bless you."

Griffin was throwing one of his classic fits and Kinley said, "Um, momma.  Griffin not happy."
Ya think?

When Griffin hears something he says, "Noise sound?!"
Not sure why he started combining those two words but it's pretty funny.

Griffin can count to 10 and can say most of his ABCs.  He also can say most of the days of the week and the months of the year.  But everything is blue. :)

Kinley to Griffin:  Griffin, I love you so much.

This might be my favorite...We took the kids to the new Disney movie, Brave.  Great movie!  It was also Griffin's first movie in a theater and he was perfect.  There are some scary scenes in the movie that involve a bear.  The first time the bear came on the screen and was acting scary and mean Griffin said, "Scary monkey going to eat you!"  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Love that kid!

I have written down that July 5 was Griffin's first nose bleed but now I realize that's not true. A couple months ago he was throwing a fit (surprise surprise) and he slammed his face into the floor.  When I picked him up one little trickle of blood came out of his nose.  Last week he was playing with a friend of mine on the trampoline and he ran into her elbow.  Major blood!  She felt horrible but he was fine and we all laughed.  He's a boy!  It won't be the last time.

1 comment:

  1. I.Love.This.Post!! For the record, Aiden says everything is "blue" too. :) I'm serious when I say our little Korean cuties are soooo smart, sometimes a little too smart! ;) You've got some awesome kiddos A, totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete