Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter, Easter, Easter...

I always put off long posts.  And Easter was a long, fun filled holiday.  It started with Kinley's class Easter party at her school on Thursday.  Her party began with a classic egg hunt on the play ground and ended with food and Kinley coming home early since it was a half day.  So fun to see her with her friends but unfortunately I don't have any pictures to prove it.  Moving on...

Saturday morning we got up, loaded up, and drove to Leedey for the weekend.  The plan was to eat lunch at my parents' house and then go into town for the Easter egg hunt at 2:00 pm.  Plans immediately changed when I stepped out of our vehicle in the hurricane Leedey.  Holy windy, Batman!  Seriously, is was miserably windy and cold and I knew my kids would have just as much fun hunting eggs in my parents house.  So that's what we did.




We hid eggs several times and the kids were excited every. single. time. 

After we were done hunting eggs and the kids were adequately sugar loaded, I was informed that my grandpa really wanted to take the kids out to his friend's house to see his chickens and collect eggs.  I was very hesitant at first because Kinley doesn't do birds.  At all.  And Griffin isn't fond of them either.  But what my grandpa wants, my grandpa gets so off we went.  And I couldn't have been more wrong.

We're going to go in there???

Not quite sure yet...

Kinley was actually really excited and went right in and snagged some eggs.

Lookin' back...making sure none of the chickens were following.

Proof that Griffin braved the chicken coop.  But he didn't want to reach in for the eggs.
I don't blame him.

Griff checking out the loot.

'Real' eggs.

Uncle Chancey was there.

Exploring.

There was a rooster they had contained that was cocka-doodle-dooing non stop.
The kids thought that was pretty cool.

Bye chickens!

We had Easter dinner Saturday night to accommodate every one's schedule.  My mom cooked and everything was fabulous.  I'm salivating just thinking about it.

We also made Easter cupcakes that were delicious but I didn't get a picture.

Sunday morning was the most important thing, church.  The kids went to the nursery and did great all by themselves.  The service was nice.  It's always a good feeling to be back in the church you grew up in.

The rest of the day was hurried because we had scored six tickets to the Thunder basketball game that night.  We ate lunch (leftovers. yum!), did a quick egg hunt outside since the weather turned nice, packed up, drove home, unpacked, changed into our Thunder gear, loaded back up, and made it to our seats in time to see all the pregame fun stuff.  This was our first Thunder game and OH. MY. GOODNESS!  We all loved it!  The kids did so well and thoroughly enjoyed the game.  I hope we can go back soon.

Harden is our favorite player!


Their initial reaction.  Ha! 

Our view.


Griffin almost folded up in the seat!


Kinley was having so much fun with the Thunder sticks!
Sorry to the lady in front of her.


Griffin LOVES Papa!!!


And Grandma!

Chancey and Morgan were there too but I didn't get a picture of them.

Thunder up and happy Easter!!!

2 comments:

  1. O man what a fun weekend!! That sounds like so much FUN! Love the kiddos with the chickens! WTG Kinley and Griff, way to brave those chickens! lol Love this post BTW! But I always do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like guys had an awesome Easter weekend! I love the blue piece of furniture in the first picture! So neat! Glad yall had fun at the basketball game! Funny about the seats...when we took Beau to the Braves game, he wasn't heavy enough for the seat and it kept folding on him too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete