Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

Sunday in church I leaned over to Blake and whispered, "When I wash my face I can actually feel the bones in my face."  Blake then leaned over and said, "When I wash my hair my love handles don't jiggle."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yup!  Blake and I have both lost weight and are feeling really good about it.  We're eating healthier and exercising regularly and actually enjoying it.  Yes, we still splurge....mostly on Mexican food....but you have to reward yourself and enjoy life, right?!  Mexican food makes me enjoy life.  Mmmmmmm.......

Focus, April!

Blake has lost 11 pounds and I've lost 7.  I run 3-4 miles several days a week and do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred 2 or 3 times a week.  Looking and feeling better is great motivation and so is my 5k race in less than two weeks and our beach vacation that we'll be enjoying in three weeks. 

This last weekend was a less than fun two days.  Tornado weather is stressful and usually heartbreaking.  We had a storm shelter installed last week and then slept through the tornado sirens Friday night.  Two friends texted Blake and I at 3 a.m. asking if we were safe because there was rotation (possibly a tornado) less than a mile from our house.  I'm a very light sleeper and never sleep through storms, but I did Friday night.  We were very shaken up and on high alert all day Saturday.  Nothing severe happened here but 6 people were killed by a night time tornado in northwest Oklahoma.  Again, heartbreaking.

Have I mentioned Griffin talks a lot?  I mean a lot, all the time, constantly.  I would do a post about all his words he says but that number is literally in the hundreds.  He can and does say anything and everything.  Here are a few of the phrases that he says on a regular basis.  Read:  a hundred times a day.  I know I'm missing some but here ya go....

Let's do it!
Take this.
I did it!
Let's go!
Tse Tse (Kinley), where are you?
NO!!! (That's a phrase, right?)
I wet! (after some fun water play)
It's windy!
Please help me, momma.
There you go.

Anytime I hang up the phone Griffin will ask, "Papa?"
Griff loves his papa.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you all are safe, but like you said so heartbreaking to hear of the deaths. :( On a lighter note, wtg Griffin, keep the chatter going! :) Oh btw, CONGRATS on that weight loss you two!! That's totally AWESOME, for reals!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, tornados are sooo scary and glad you all are ok. Awesome job on the weightloss!!! I am also doing the same video and bootcamp with a group. Feels so good! It kicks booty though!!!! Don't you just love those sweet toddler voices. Ella talks all the time too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete