Monday, August 13, 2012

New Tradition

I love a good tradition.  I feel that traditions are things we always, always remember.  I don't have a great memory (really!  I get it from my mom!) but I can remember our traditions because it was typically something we did every year.  So, I suggested to my mom that she start a tradition of taking the kids school clothes shopping every year right before school starts.  Make a day of it....shopping, lunch, maybe some ice cream.  She was on board and I think she was missing the kids so we scheduled her visit for the following weekend, which just so happened to be this last weekend.

Before I go any farther, I'd like to say that I didn't come up with this tradition on my own.  My friend's grandmother took her shopping and now my friend's mom takes her grandkids shopping.  You get the idea. :)

So my mom drove in on Friday.  We ate dinner and then headed right outside to enjoy the much cooler temperatures.  I decided to let the kids get the shaving cream out and things got crazy.


My mom is such a great sport.  Kinley chased mom all over the yard and then mom would chase Kinley.  It was pretty fun to watch.  Lots of giggling and silliness.

Sidenote:  Griffin has been sick since Thursday.  Fever and congestion the first three days.  Now he's just got some MAJOR congestion.  Poor guy is not himself and hardly eating.  Breaks my heart.

So, the next day we got ready for our big shopping day and I made everyone stop and take a picture.
This is how pictures go for us......

Kinley not looking at the camera.

Mom not looking at the camera.

 Kinley showcasing her 'tude.

Mom with her eyes closed and more attitude from the little one.

Good times.

We had a great day.  We hit a few big girl stores (Loft and Victoria's Secret) and then some fun stuff like Baby Gap, Disney Store, Marshall's, Kohl's, and maybe a quick stop for a chocolate chip cookie for Kinley.  We had fun and Kinley was pretty good all day.  Let's be honest, shopping with a three year old can be less than enjoyable.  Of course, my mom handled Kinley's antics much better than I did.

Mom and I caught Kinley in the corner of Loft trying on hats and belts.  Diva.

Kinley, did the cookie explode on your face?

My favorite spot, Marshall's, was good to me.  As always.  Here's what I picked up for Kinley's room.

I love it and it fits her room perfectly. 

I also might have bought a coffee table.  But it's not really a coffee table.  And it's for our formal living room....that's empty.

Good day.  Great tradition.




2 comments:

  1. Love this! I remember shopping with my mom before school started every.year! Shopping, lunch, more shopping, home - exhausted but loved it! I think this is an awesome tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new lamp! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete