Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

I just love love love love love LOVE the Olympics.  Especially the summer games.  So I'm watching as much as I can right now and really trying to get the kids into it.  They enjoy the swimming and gymnastics (ME TOO!).  Whenever we say we're going to watch the Olympics they run towards the TV and scream, "Let's watch exercise!!!"

May I suggest a book.  A trilogy, actually.  The first book is called Divergent and the second is Insurgent.  The third is not finished, not named, and won't be out until Fall 2013.  What?!!!  I can't wait that long!  Anyway, if you like The Hunger Games you'll like Divergent.

I took the kids to the zoo a couple weeks ago and as I was pushing the double stroller up to the cafe two Chinese girls were oooing and awwing over my kids, particularly Griffin.  When I stepped up to order one girl says in very broken English, "They twins?"
Um, no.
I just smiled and said, "No.  Just brother and sister."
Pretty sure something was lost in translation.

Griffin's new adorable thing to say is whoopie daisy.
Not whoopsie daisy.
That kid is hysterical.

I love stomping up the stairs just for fun and listening to the kids run for their lives.

Kinley says something I can't understand and seems frustrated when I tell her so.
Me:  Do you want to repeat it?
Kinley:  Yeah!
Me:  Say it again.
Kinley:  Repeat it!!!
Big sigh.

"What planet are you from that you think I'm Go Go Gadget Mom that can do 14 things for you all at once??!!!"
Said to Griffin in one of my finer parenting moments.

I go into Griff's room to get him after his nap and immediately smell the funk....
Me: Did you poop, Griffin?
Griffin: Yeah!
Me: You did?!
Griff: I touched the poop.
Pause........
Me: You touched the poop?
Griff: Yeah.
Fantastic.

As we're cruising through the dollar section at Target...
Griffin:  Check it out, guys!!!
That's my boy!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post!! If I ever get the time, (maybe when Tay is at school), I want to document a day in the life of Aiden. Really! I wish I had time to read some or even watch tv! You've mastered it all lady! WTG A! ;)

    ReplyDelete