Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First MLB Experience

Since Blake was a kid, his favorite baseball team has been the Angels.  Just so happened that the Angels were playing the Texas Rangers last week so we decided to take the kids to their first major league baseball game.  I love baseball but I might have been a little excited about getting to make another Trader Joe's trip.  I could write an entire post about TJ's but I won't....I guess.  Anyway, I was excited about grocery shopping, Blake was pumped to see his team play, and the kids were dying to get back to a hotel pool.  Win. Win. Win.


We drove to Fort Worth Tuesday morning/afternoon, checked into the hotel, and went right down to the pool.  The kids are fish and would swim all day if we let them.  But it was 106 degrees (for reals) and even in the cool water it was HOT!

 
Diva!

They were in heaven!

This one is a natural in the water.



We had the place to ourselves.

 
Love her.

 


Griffin jumping in.  Dare devil.

After a couple hours we took two exhausted (no naps, lots of swimming) kids upstairs for a bath and snack before the game.

 
I really thought the bed would be the end of them but nope.  Just kept eating and watching How To Train Your Dragon.

 
Wanna guess what happened as soon as we pulled out of the hotel parking lot?

 


Yup.  Two sleeping kids.  Oh well.  Traffic was bad so they got to sleep for about 45 minutes.  Actually, Kinley slept over an hour because she didn't really wake up until we sat her in her seat in the ballpark.

 
This picture makes me laugh hard because Kinley is still sleeping and Blake is hanging on to Griffin for dear life because for whatever reason Griffin was having a hard time standing up.



Taking it all in....

 
Griffin's first cotton candy experience.

 
He liked it but not as much as the peanuts and popcorn.

 
Kinley has had cotton candy before and loves it but this is her face while eating it. LOL!  She's always struggled with weird textures and cotton candy is as weird as it gets.

 

Proud daddy.

 
Angels win!  Pujols hit two homers.

 
I wanted to be sure and mention our friend that we met at the game.  He and his three buddies showed up with beers in hand and immediately sat down and started heckling the Angels players.  Obviously, the players couldn't hear them but my kids could and it was just annoying.  And they weren't really over doing it but we were just wondering when they would zip it and just enjoy the game.

 
Enter the Chambers kids.

 
Sharing peanuts.


High five!

 
Both of my kids are super social.  Griffin occasionally doesn't warm up to someone but for the most part both of them are annoying :) friendly.  The guy directly in front of me was the loudest, biggest guy and I really thought he and his friends would end up drunk and unbearable.  I was way off.  He started talking to my kids and then turned to me and said, "Two and three?"  Uh, yeah.  How did this early to mid twenties guy guess my kids' ages?  He continued to play with them and the kids were loving it and the attention.  He was AWESOME with them.  Seriously, I wanted him to come home with us.  We got to talking and he teaches kids ages 18 months to 5 years privately.  He told me all about the Fort Worth Science Museum and insisted that we check it out.  And even told me that Wednesday's are half price day.  He was just the nicest guy.  I regret not getting his name.

 
We got back to the hotel that night around 11 and got the kids in bed.  They slept in a pull out sofa bed.  Together.  And it actually worked out really well.  They giggled and talked until 11:45 that night and I let them because it was the cutest thing ever.

 

We woke up the next morning and Blake took the kiddos down to breakfast then we all went for a morning swim.  Then lunch and our first (yes, first) trip to Trader Joe's.

 
Success!

Then nap, a horrific migraine for me, pizza for dinner, and more swimming.

We were starting to go a little crazy in the hotel room so we brought out the big guns....stickers.

We woke up the next morning and while I made a final run at Trader Joe's, Blake grabbed Starbuck's for me and Jamba Juice for himself.  And off we went.  Homeward bound.

It was a great trip.  The kids had a blast and were tuckered out by the time we got home.  We feel blessed that we can just get away for a few days and come home both exhausted and refreshed.

2 comments:

  1. So loving the "guy" at the game! Love totally unexpectedly meeting awesome people like that! Just warms my day! So glad you had an awesome experience with that. And, what an awesome trip! Sounds like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to visit Trader Joe's sometime. It must be an experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip!! I love the cotton candy pictures! I hope y'all enjoyed your goodies from Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete