Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

Me:  Kinley, what's your name?
Kinley:  Kinley Grace Hyeon-wu Chambers
You should hear her try to say Hyeon-wu.

I asked Kinley to come put on her shoes.  She stopped in front of me, bowed, and said, "Nice to meet you, your majesty."

Griffin got stung by a bee on Saturday, August 11 while climbing around in the crow's nest of the swing set.  We heard "ouch" and then he slapped his leg and then started screaming.  So we didn't actually see what got him but it sure looked like a bee sting.  I posted a picture on Facebook and my best friend texted me and told me to tape a penny to the sting.  She said it had worked for her daughter.


It worked!  We took it off after about 15 minutes and the swelling was down and the redness had mostly gone away.  And the next day there was a tiny little red dot.  That's it!  Pretty amazing.

Kinley is calling Blake and me dad and mom.  I don't approve.  I am mommy or momma for a few more years, right?!  And she's not giving in easily.  She's persistent even when I tell her I'm not going to answer to mom.  That girl is giving me a run for my money right now...

We're thinking Griffin might be a leftie.  He eats left handed, swings a golf club and baseball bat left handed, and when he goes across the monkey bars he always leads with his left hand.  And Kinley always leads with her right.  We shall see.


1 comment:

  1. The penny trick is amazing! And your girl Kinley is just precious! Mommy, funny! :)

    ReplyDelete