Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

Griffin's big boy bed finally arrived today.  I'm really happy with it and so is Griff.



I love doing whatever I can to make Griffin feel special and independent.  He is extremely independent and demands to do things himself all the time so I know this big boy bed is important to him. 
 
I made a new recipe today.  Love it!  I kinda consider myself a taco/enchilada/Mexican soup expert.  Mexican food is my favorite and I love any type of good soup.  Give me some sweat pants, a cold day, and a bowl (or two) of yummy soup and I'm in heaven.  Bonus:  It's a crock pot recipe and it's from Skinnytaste.com!
 
Kinley can now swing herself.  She no longer needs me.  She might as well move out.
 
 
Tonight when I was tucking Kinley into bed....
Me:  Kinley, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Kinley:  Kinley!!!
Perfect.
 
Tonight when I was tucking Griffin into bed.....
Me giving him a big kiss:  I love you so much, Griff.  You're my best buddy.
Griffin:  You best momma!
Tear.
 
I've had this next topic on my Tuesday Tidbits list for several weeks now.  It's not easy for me to talk about because it's just not a fun subject.  Between January and May I worked really hard and ate really well and lost 9 pounds.  The months of May and June were insanely busy and I quit all those great habits.  And unfortunately, I've gained most of that back.  I'm so mad at myself which I think is what the last month of eating has been about.  I'm mad at myself and I'm just done.  Well, not anymore.  I'm ready to start my good habits again and I'm having a great week so far.  The kids being at school and giving me time to do things I really need to is helping.  After I dropped the kids off Monday morning I went straight to the park and ran/walked almost 4 miles.  I did a Jillian Michaels video today, and I'm heading back to the park in the morning.  I'm going to work hard and talk about it a little bit here.  This is our family blog that I will eventually turn into a book and I don't want to look back and see pages and pages of diet and workout stuff, know what I mean?  Anyway, I think getting it out there and confessing my sins to the three people that read my blog :) will help me stay accountable.  And maybe I'll share some yummy, healthy recipes.  Do those exist? ;)
 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sista! I hear ya! You can do it! And...looking forward to those yummy/easy/no calorie :) recipes! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snif, snif at the Kinley/Griff comments. Love those! I know all too well about the "not so great living". I should more for myself, but it really is hard. Kudos to you A for trying to do better for yourself! You deserve it! Hang in there, hard work is hard, but you can do it! You're tough, and determined! Kick it hard!! :)

    ReplyDelete