Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm A Wannabe

I really really really want to take beautiful photos.  Like, really bad.  I want to look at the photos of our lives in 30 years and see gorgeous pictures.  But it's SOOOOOO hard to take quality photos.  Really.  SO hard.  But I'm working on it and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. 

I have a picture I want to share.  It's quite possibly the best picture I've ever taken.  It's probably not even that great but I love it.  Of course, it's of Kinley so that's the main reason I love it.

The black and white is my favorite.

But the color one is nice too.

I like this picture because her face is in focus and she fills the frame just like I wanted.  And by the grace of God, she doesn't look like she's drunk because her eyes are half closed.  AND she has a natural smile.

Anybody have any photography tips?  Any online, FREE photography classes?  Does anyone know where I can get a super fabulous lens for like $20?  :)
(I really want a new lens!)

Thanks for letting me share.

6 comments:

  1. Hey April! I have my own photography business and I am STILL a work in progress, lol. My best advice.....good camera, even better lens, natural light, shoot in manual, and above and beyond ANYTHING...Photoshop is your best friend!!! My website www.roarkfamilyphotography.zenfolio.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a 50 mm lens and you will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! They have 2 versions 50mm 1.4 that is $400 (I have it) and the one that is 50mm 1.8 for $100. Look on amazon. They are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany, this was taken with my 50mm 1.8 and yes, I love it! BUT I don't like that I can't zoom in or out. Sometimes I can't use it because I'm in a small room and can't step back far enough. Most of the time it's not a problem and most of the time I love it! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE those pics of Kinley too, the B and W especially! I wanna be a wanna be too. Probably all of the above! I want to do something "fantastic", something memorable, something great! If you find all that, toss me a cookie, so I can follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you! I also a wanna be but cannot seem to find the time to educate myself enough to be good at it. I am dreaming of a new lens this year myself. A good friend of mine says it is trial and error and practice, practice, practice. I love the photo you took of your daughter. It is great! Good luck! I would also like to sew but that takes time too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture is beautiful! And, no, I don't know of $20 lens or free classes. ;) But both are completely worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete