Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

I stole this Tuesday Tidbits idea from one of my favorite blogs.  I'm going to try to have a Tuesday Tidbits every Tuesday but I'm not promising anything.  The whole reason I'm doing this is because I need to be better at documenting the little funny things my kids say and the small details of our lives.  It is all about the little things, right?  Here goes....

Since we've moved to our new house, Kinley likes to inform us when she sees our house as we're driving down the road that leads to our neighborhood.  Now Griffin has started doing the same thing, but he starts saying "house, house" before he can actually see it.  He has started mimicking Kinley a lot and it's so cute.

On the way home from church on Sunday, Kinley told us her boobie hurt.  I asked her to repeat what she said and sure enough, I didn't misunderstand the first time.  I told her I completely understand and that I was sorry.  What more is there to say, really?

Speaking of church, Griffin stayed in his class the entire service for the first time ever!  And Blake and I were able to both sit through and listen to the message!  I did go check on him about 20 minutes in and his teacher snuck to the door and told me he was doing fine as long as nobody got in his space.  LOL!  I rejoined Blake and finished the service and when I went to pick him up afterwards he was happy and playing with two "choo-choos."  It took nine months for us to get to this place.  Amen to that!

Kinley finally watched Monsters Inc. and enjoyed it.  Monsters Inc. has always been one of my favorite animated movies, and I was so disappointed when Kinley was terrified of it the first time we watched it a couple of years ago.  She actually asked for it the day after we watched it and I happily obliged.

As I said before, Griffin has really started to repeat things his sister says.  Especially some of her more dramatic quotes like "OH NO" as he puts his hands to his face.  It's pretty funny but honestly, I have one drama queen.  I don't need another.

Sometimes I think Griffin would get more rice in his mouth with chopsticks rather than a spoon.

My life came full circle a few days ago when I cuddled with Kinley after her nap and sang her every last word of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (classic rock plays on Kinley's radio during her nap).  My daddy used to rock me and sing Bat Out of Hell by Meat Loaf.  I absolutely grew up in the wrong decade.  By the way, she giggled and loved every moment of it.  And so did I.

Griffin has finally started saying my name, momma.  Little stinker makes me work for every little thing he gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment