Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

Last week was a LONG week.  After church on Sunday Kinley started running a fever.  Not long after, she started coughing and her nose started running.  Every day when I would get out of bed I thought for sure that was the day that her fever would be gone.  Nope.  Seven days of fever.  Sunday to Saturday.  Baby girl was pretty much her usual sweet, active self until Wednesday.  By Wednesday she and her body were done.  And I was done.  Super fun week.

Friday Blake and I were downstairs in the kitchen talking about what we were going to do for dinner.  The kids were upstairs playing.  We had pretty much nailed down that fact that neither of us wanted to cook when we heard tiny feet coming down the stairs.  It was Griffin.  In his shirt.  Nothing but his shirt.  Little dude had taken off his diaper and was strutting his stuff. 

Later that night I was up late talking to a friend from California (Rachel, the time difference is killing me!) when I checked Kinley's monitor and saw that she wasn't in bed.  I quickly got off the phone and ran upstairs.  I was so sure Kinley had been kidnapped because she does not get out of her bed.  Not even in the morning.  She waits for us to come get her.  When I got upstairs I found her curled up at the end of her bed, all the way up against the foot board.  It didn't look comfortable but she was sleeping hard.  Whatever floats your boat, sweets.

The next morning Kinley slept until 9:15 am.
New record for her.

Sunday Blake and I took Kinley to Disney Live:  Three Classic Fairy Tales.  It was basically a shortened version of Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle's story.  So fun and Kinley loved it.  But I think the most exciting part of the day is that Griffin stayed with Uncle Chancey and Aunt Morgan and didn't cry once.  Chancey said he didn't even act like he missed us.  And he let Morgan rock him to sleep for his nap.  Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Grooling week no doubt! Hope the household is back to normal, whatever that is right? :)

    ReplyDelete