Monday, January 23, 2012

Korean Lunar New Year

Today is Lunar New Year and I really didn't have much planned.  I knew Blake was going to have a long work day (home at 8:30 pm) so I was really just hoping to survive the day.  Thanks to some helpful adoptive mommas on Facebook, I located some cute dragon mask coloring pages, so not all was lost.

Griffin woke from his nap before Kinley so I took advantage of our one on one time to play dress up. :) It's Lunar New Year!  I had to!



What a handsome guy!

The hanbok was a gift from Griffin's foster mom.  I've seen other kiddos with a hat that goes with their hanbok but Griffin's hanbok didn't come with one.  I wish it had.

After the kids ate dinner we headed upstairs and started coloring the dragon masks.  Actually, I colored the dragon masks while Griffin ate crayons and Kinley told me what color to put where.  That girl is bossy.



 



It was a long day but the kids were great and we survived.  Winning!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome day, but then again, I wasn't there all day like you three were! ;) Love Griffin's Hanbok, and of course that adorable sweet sweet face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size is his hanbok? Brodies foster mom gave the boys matching hanboks and the smaller one had a hat and the bigger one (a 4 I think) did not have a hat and she said after a certain size, no more hats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what size it is but that makes sense. I'll have to check. Thanks for the info!

      Delete